Author Topic: Bear Mt. Trail Conditions  (Read 29462 times)

Offline t parsons

• dig it
    • View Profile
Re: Bear Mt. Trail Conditions
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »
hey who has been doing the work on the dh latley props man but the drainage at the very bottom hasnt gotten anybetter and when u guys dug it out i crashed today because its so dug in it just ate my tire
if you aint getting hurt you arnt going fast enough

Offline shredder

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2012, 06:12:15 pm »
I saw the grader working at the fork / junction for the DH when I came by......maybe that was the noise?

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ian Harker Photography & Design
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2012, 05:00:14 pm »
Heads up the road has been graded up to the fork to the DH. It kind of sucks for pedalling on the steep pitch right now. Someone needs to shuttle this a bit and pack down the loose stuff.

Anyone know what is going on there anyway. Sounded like a bunch up machinery up towards the DH course.

Offline rockford

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »
Was up for a hike on the DH today.  Tried to find my bucket and nails that are about half-way up but they seem to have gone astray.  Shovel and rake still there but bucket not so much.  If you've taken them to use, no sweat, just let me know where they've gone so I can continue helping to spruce up the joint.  PM me if you like.  Trail is looking good, someone has been busy doing drainage.  We only found one plugged one to clear today and a bunch of new ones at the bottom.  Clearly working well too cause it was dry in there. 

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2012, 06:52:59 pm »
The backdoor to corduroy extension is on hold for now as Eugene suffered some serious injuries at the Salty Dog race and won't be able to ride or build all summer. We may be able to get an FVMBA day in there to finish for him. Will post details if/when that happens.

Offline Earlson

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »
Have not been out for a while.  Man it was great up there.  Backdoor, Tower trail, pioneer (corduary).
Trails in great shape. Well done FVMBA. Wondering when the extension of backdoor down to pioneer might be completed?
Willing to help if there is a trail day.

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »
Backdoor, Bigguns and Electric Tomato today and I didn't even have to spray my bike off after. Pretty soon we will be complaining about how dusty the trails are.

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »
Finally rode Sorcerer's Apprentice again today. I have missed that trail. Fun to be back on it, but it is really soft and still needs more time to heal. I think if we had a few more days like today it would have been ready for traffic, but with the rain that is coming I would stay off it for a while longer. Too many people in there and it won't heal.

Lorax and Bobo were great. Could even feel heat coming off the trail on Bobo. Summer, please come soon.

Full report here.

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »
Bigguns today. It was pretty sloppy in parts. I didn't realize it rained that much overnight. Can't beat the sunshine and temperatures today.

Offline eyun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05:43 am »
Lots of snow at the top of Bear today. Had to push the bike up a bunch of the trails. The entrance to Wasp is really sloppy right now. That section of trail could probably use a bit of a break.

Here is my ride report.

Offline Tom

• Exec
  • Red sucks just ride Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »
I walked Sorcerers in the afternoon race day Holie F*** looks like our trail has irrevesable damage. I'm glad I had one last ride on it sat. The old route through the cut block is looking realy good only one motor bike up it.

You know that's what I thought about the trails on Red during last years Red Mt. Challenge...but it turns out they heal.

Offline Bob G

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »
I walked Sorcerers in the afternoon race day Holie F*** looks like our trail has irrevesable damage. I'm glad I had one last ride on it sat. The old route through the cut block is looking realy good only one motor bike up it.

Offline Dokk

• Exec
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »
Sorcerer's is a mud pit other than the bridges. It's going to need sometime to recover :(

Offline rockford

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »
Snow is pretty much gone all the way up.  There was a thin layer on the upper road but with tonight's heavy, warm rain it'll all be gone in short order.  Middle of Sorcerer's had a bunch for some reason but the rest of the trail was clear.

The issue of the day today was drainage.  Unplugged a bunch of puddles and some ponds as I wandered up but there are too many sections where the standing water is creating a bog.  No quick fix on them either.

Offline t parsons

• dig it
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:26 am »
Its ridable I rode it yestetday top o dow.hill course has aa bit if snow but roads are still pretty covered
if you aint getting hurt you arnt going fast enough