- This event has passed.
Vedder Mountain Classic
May 14, 2016$65.00
The Trailblazer Series is Back
The Trailblazer Series is back in 2016 to offer the most exciting events to date:
Vedder Mountain Classic & BC Enduro Series, May 14-15
Sumas Smackdown, June 4-5
Courses offer 15-30k or premium single track trail a professional timed TeXC format. Offering fully taped courses, stocked feed stations, klunker ride & after party, plus a change to chance to claim some of the $2800 in prize money between the 2 races!
Once one of the longest running mountain bike races in BC, the return of the Vedder Mountain Classic is a tribute to the history of mountain biking and racing in BC. It will be a testament to the evolution of the sport, the riders, and the trails that have turned Vedder Mountain into one of the most popular riding destinations in the Valley.
- A fully taped race course
- Fully stocked feed stations
- Professional First Aid
- A gourmet hot meal at the end of your race
- Highly accurate professional timing
- Amazing single track trails
- A chance to claim some of the $2800 in prize money between the 2 races
- A glimpse of a BCES course and some practice before the race
- Tons of prizing
- Anything else we can work out before race day (we will keep you informed, more stuff in the works).
Prize money is to be awarded to the PRO categories only. Prizing is to be broken down as follows: 1st Full Course Overall Time- $150, 2nd Full Course Overall Time $100, 3rd Full Course Overall Time $75 (both Men’s and Women’s podium). 1st Combined Descents $150, 2nd Combined Descents $100, 3rd Combined Descents $75 (both Men’s and Women’s Podium). First male and female to the top of the first big climb will claim the “Mountain Goat” prize at a cool $50 cash. Please note that 130 racers must enter each race for the prizing to be allocated as outlined above, prizing will be prorated if registration numbers are not sufficient.
Chilliwack offers so much to see and do! Endless wilderness, hiking, biking, unique eats, craft breweries and friendly place to sleep. Please visit Tourism Chilliwack to help guide your adventure.
- Registration begins at: 07 Feb, 2016 – 6:00pm PST
- Registration ends at: 14 May, 2016 – 9:00pm PDT